Narxoz University is making preparations for possible disruptions caused by worldwide COVID-19 virus.
At the time of writing there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Kazakhstan. We do not believe that our students/faculty and staff are in any immediate danger or should take any dramatic actions. Nevertheless, it is always best to be prepared for variety of possible situations.
Before saying what the University is doing to prepare for possible scenarios we believe it is best to pass on general information about how people should protect themselves.
- International updates: https://www.who.int/westernpacific/emergencies/novel-coronavirus
- World Health Organisation (WHO) resources: https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
In addition to providing general information the University needs to be prepared for the possibility that we will not be able to meet in a regular fashion for some period of time during this semester.
Should this occur the University will be ready to continue the teaching process via our online platforms as follows:
- Should it be necessary, course materials will be available via the Moodle platform for students to access.
- The Moodle platform allows for Webinar style online lectures and faculty are prepared to teach in this format. Should we need to activate this format the students will be requested to ensure they have necessary access.
- Should there be any need to change examination or other schedules, students will be immediately informed.
We are constantly monitoring the situation around COVID-19 and will inform you when and if updates are received.
At the moment Narxoz University does not have any specific information or instruction on immenent risks to theuniversity system in Kazakhstan. We are merely taking precautions to ensure that we are as prepared as we can be.